CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

First Post!

Well, I finally decided to get a real blog! When it gets going, Kat in Socks will be primarily about my journey as an aspiring author. (Thus far I am unpublished, with one novel manuscript under my belt and a second one currently in progress.) Other posts will include general musings about life and reviews of the books I'm reading.

Warning: This blog may also include random posts about Romantic literature, life in the Victorian era, period costumes, and frilly clothes. I am all about anachronistic frippery. I'm also a self-proclaimed geek, and I wear my glasses with pride. I frequently attend comic book conventions. I like many geeky things, like Star Trek and Harry Potter and web comics... I may have the occasional geek-out on this blog. You've been warned.

As for the title of this blog, I often go by the name Kat. (My full name is Katrina. Yes, like the hurricane. Or Katrina and the Waves. Or, you know, me.) I also collect socks. Sometimes I wear them. I may post pictures of me wearing them on this blog. Or I may just post pictures of the Magical Rainbow of Awesome (tm) that is my sock drawer... Either way, this blog WILL contain socks. I can promise that much. I can also promise that it will NOT contain smelly foot odors. Which is welcome news to all, I'm sure.

Anyway, I hope this blog will be a good outlet for the excessive amount of words I usually have stored up in my head. I also hope it will be a way to connect with other readers and writers and fun-loving nerds like me. So welcome to the blog! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment